Last day of 2017… can you believe it!!!
I always take some time out to reflect during this time of year, reflect on the events, people, situations, lessons that year has brought and I have faced.
Some major milestones happened this year. But if I’m honest, it was a year wasted in terms of discipline.
- I started studying and managed to pass with two distinctions.
- I was awarded the opportunity to blog on a work platform.
- I had my first relationship since my divorce.
- I did more things I said I would do, like car pool karaokes, visiting new places in and around Durban, and through that even got to meet John Legend and Shekhinah.
- I was more dedicated to my faith and my religion
- I learnt how to create boundaries and the importance of having a circle of positive friends.
But most importantly I’ve learnt and accepted to be me even in situations where everyone else was against me. That for me was the highlight for This year:
Be you, even if it makes other people uncomfortable because mediocre minds were not made to comprehend great spirits.
– Tay Breezy
It has also however, been a year of financial difficulty and that’s mainly because of me and my unhealthy spending habits, so rest assured 2018 we working on financial freedom. Watch out for more posts on that.
My friends and family have also achieved quite abit in this year and so it’s been a fulfilling year overall .
Over the holidays, my sister and the girls visited, we spent so much of quality time together, I’ll include some pics. I’m mentioning this though because when they left yesterday, my nieces displayed such bravery and are so resilient for their young souls that they’ve actually inspired me;
to always be brave and to always be resilient; to know that all happens for a reason and to trust that the almighty has a plan.
What amazing qualities to leave 2017 with? Whilst there was heartache , friends lost, horrible fights in between, we take the positive and keep moving forward.
We will make be making vision boards over the next few weeks and will be posting about it.
And all I can say is goodbye 2017, it’s been great. And tomorrow, we shall welcome 2018.
May this last day of 2017 be spent meaningfully, be filled with lots of love and light and reflection and be spent with those you love the most.
It’s time to be legendary fam.
Love and light always, from just an ordinary girl 🤟🏼