You cannot change what you do not own or what you do not take responsibility for.
– 28 year old me
Every year once the emotions have settled, I post about the previous year, my birthday and the plans for the forthcoming year.
This year is no different.
Me @ 27
- The 27 year old version of me achieved quite a lot and 27 really set the tone for 28.
- I started studying again, after a 6 year break.
- I eliminated the negative forces within my space and my circle is defined
- I got a new car
- I went out more and did things that truly made my soul smile
- I was more consistent with my blogging; both at work and outside of my 9-5. For those of you who follow me on social media, you would have also seen that I recently became part of the SA Bloggers Team.
- I’ve made some character improvements and have spent more time giving back than I’ve done in a while.
- I decided to give love a chance and am so comfortable with where I am
- Most importantly for me, my relationship with God has been tighter than it has ever been and being muslim has never felt better.
That’s an overview of me at 27. Whilst I wanted to achieve much more like fitness and weight goals, financial freedom and other things, I am super chuffed with the direction that my life is starting to take.
March 17th 2018
My 28th birthday was definitely one to remember. You can check out my day in pictures by simply clicking here. From the most amazing, heart-felt birthday wishes and prayers, to the surprises my friends planned and then to the insanely me-personified gifts, made it a birthday to remember. I thoroughly enjoyed the day especially since I had a very tough day on Mik’ail’s birthday. It was yet again a moment God showed me just how blessed and rich I actually am.
This year I want to push boundaries, at work, in my personal life, with my studies and also in the career path I am venturing into. Religiously, I want to become more consistent in terms of my prayers and attire. I want to align my character to that, which my faith encourages. I want to be still, modest, kind and courageous.
Me being 28, wants to finally accomplish my weight-loss goals. I choose to own every fat cell in my body because only then will I take full responsibility for my health and only then is permanent changes possible. So I own being plus-size, colourful, creative and me. I choose to love with no boundaries, be unapologetic for my standards and the things I am passionate about and to become the best version I have ever been.
I want to achieve financial freedom and have an 11 month plan. It may also be the year I get to re-marry… who knows (:
Bottom line is: I am a queen that needs grooming and I look forward to the progresses of the forthcoming year, to the lessons and to the great experiences and opportunities.
An inspired post from just an ordinary 28 years young girl.