So I had my final interview for a Client-Relationship Manager’s post on Thursday at 15:00… goodness! I don’t know when was the last time I was so nervous and having to wait almost the entire day didn’t exactly help.
Being short-listed for the assessment was a big – enough deal… I was up against such awesome, experienced folk…in the company for years clearly bringing more experience than I did since Its not even 2 years that I am with the company … so when I got the meeting request for an interview….you can only imagine the over drive my mind went into!!!
Whilst prepping for the interview…I was like: what do you prep for??? And this is what it boiled down too and seemed to work for me!
• Research and understand the position you’re applying for – the challenges the department face, what the position entails etc.
• Know your strengths and tie it up to the core function of the position you’re applying for or the company’s values.
• Be honest and be yourself- we are human and so being perfect is impossible…besides if the position is for you…being yourself should be enough right ? Right!
• Smile and make and keep your eye contact… they are interviewers …not drill seargents and if successful…you will be working under them so they can’t be THAT bad *hopefully*
• Don’t oversell yourself…speak and answer what’s relevant to the question they are asking…meaning, you need to listen and hear what they are asking.
• Dress apropiately and “Turn up” on time for your interview…1st impressions sadly do last!
• Most importantly… PRAY! It will definately help you calm down and keep yourself composed… for when God is near…we should never fear!
The only pre-interview prep I did was :
> knowing where I am currently in my roll.
> working out my strengths and weaknesses.
> Spoke to people in the current position to get a “hands-on” approach to what they do exactly! And
> Prayed. I didn’t try busting my head thinking about ” what will they ask”…
Sometimes doing nothing is actually doing everything in certain situations!
I hope this helps guys…
By the way, my interview rocked! I thoroughly enjoyed it 🙂
WONDERFUL BE-YOU-TIFULL weekend to you all.
Posted from Just an ordinary girl